PublicationsDr Khitish Mohanty
Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon, UK
1. Tibial shaft fracture S Naidu Maripuri, K Mohanty. Oxford Text book of Orthopedics and Trauma, 2nd edition. Oxford University Press,2011.1362-1378.
2. Trauma Chapter in ‘’Current Orthopedic Practice’’ TFM Publishing Limited,2012;315-398.
Peer Reviewed Publications:
1. Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using patellar tendon autograft. M.N.Sehar, K Mohanty, R.M.Davies; Morriston Hospital, Swansea, Orthopedic Update (India) 2000; Vol 10(1): 26-29
2. Posterior dislocation of Hip in adolescents due to casual rugby. Report of two cases and review of literature. K Mohanty, SK Gupta, A Langston; Morriston Hospital, Swansea, Journal of Accident and Emergency medicine, Nov, 2000;Vol 17:429
3. Sub periosteal ganglion, accurate diagnosis by pre-op imaging, A Case Report, K Mohanty, M.N. Sehar, Morriston Hospital, Swansea, Orthopedic Update (India) 2000: Vol 10(2) page 70
4. Check X-rays for internally fixed hip fractures – is it necessary? Review of hundred cases and discussion on its cost effectiveness, K Mohanty, S.K.Gupta, R.M.Evans, Morriston Hospital, Swansea, Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh2000; 45(6): 98-99
5. Fluid pressure around the distal tip of a loose Exeter hip prosthesis under cyclic loading, K Mohanty, SL Evans, Cardiff School of Engineering, Cardiff, J Bone Joint Surgery (Br) 2000; 82-B: Supp 3:261
6. What makes a surgeon competent? How can you tell? K Mohanty, Annals of the Royal college of Surgeons of England (suppl) 2001:83:232-233
7. Orthopedic manifestations of Smith-Magenis syndrome, J Spilsbury, K Mohanty, University Hospital of Wales, J Pediatr Orthop B.2003 Mar;12(2): 147-150
8. Maffuci-Lymphagioma Syndrome: a case report and review of literature, J Auyunng, K Mohanty, K.J. Tayton, Royal Gwent Hospital, Newport, J Pediatr Orthop B.2003 Jan; 12(1): 22-26
9. The role of frozen section in the diagnosis of infection during revision arthroplasty, AD Musso, K Mohanty, R Spencer-Jones, RJAH, Oswestry. Postgrad Med J 2003; 79:590-593.
10. Nonunion of acetabular fractures, K Mohanty, W.Taha, J N Powell. Foothills Hospital, Calgary. Injury, Int J care Injured.2004; 35(8): 787-790.
11. Transient brachial plexus block after MUA and injection of shoulder: a case report, K Mohanty, P Roberts, CP Kelly. RJAH, Oswestry. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. 2005 Mar-April; 14(2):216-7.
12. Effect of a venous filter on embolic load during medullary canal pressurization: a canine study. K Mohanty, J N Powell, D Musso, M Traboulsi, B Mullen, I Belankie and J V Tyberg, University of Calgary. J Bone Joint Surg Am.2005 Jun; 87(6):13332-7.
13. Emergent management of unstable pelvic ring injury: an update. K Mohanty, D.Musso, JN Powell, JB Kortbeek, AW Kirkpatrick. University of Calgary. Can J Surg.2005 Feb; 48(1):49-56.
14. Simple Elbow dislocations in adults- a comparative study of two different methods of treatment. S. Maripuri, UK Debnath, K Mohanty. Injury, Int J care Injured.2007; 38: 1254-1258.
15. Sleeve fracture of the superior pole of patella with an intra articular dislocation: A case report. S Maripuri, H Mehta, K Mohanty. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2008; 90 385-389.
16. Lower limb malrotation following MIPO technique of distal femoral and proximal tibial fractures. K Mohanty, D Malish, R Buckley.Injury, Int.J.care Injured 42(2011)194-199.
17. The Classification system of Tibial Plateau Fracture: How reliable are they? S N Maripuri, P.Rao, A. Manoj-Thomas, K Mohanty. University Hospital of Wales Cardiff. Injury, Int J care Injured.2008;
18. Percutaneous Fusion of the Sacroiliac Joint with hollow modular anchorage screw: clinical and radiological outcome. Khurana A, Guha AR, K Mohanty, Ahuja S. University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff. J Bone Joint Surg Br 2009 May; 91(5): 627-31.
19. The Correlation of Serum Metal Ions with Functional Outcome Scores at Three-to-Six Years following Large Head Metal-on-Metal Hip Arthroplasty, Sheethal Prasad Patange Subbarao, Ibrahim A. Malek, Khitish Mohanty, Phillip Thomas, and Alun John
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 173923, 5 pages
20. Patient estimates of healthcare costs in trauma and orthopedics. Francis Brooks, Vishal Paringe, Aurey Tonge, James Lewis, Khitish Mohanty. European Journal of Orthopedic Surgery & Traumatology August 2013, Volume 23, Issue 6, pp 639-642
21. The percutaneous stabilisation of the sacroiliac joint with hollow modular anchorage screws: a prospective outcome study. Mason LW, Chopra I, Mohanty K. Eur Spine J. 2013 May 18. Epub ahead of print
22. A rare case of primary bone lymphoma mimicking a pelvic abscess. Singh R, Al Wattar BH, Mohanty K. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2011 Oct;93(7):e141-3. doi: 0.1308/147870811X602168.
23. Malreduction of syndesmosis–are we considering the anatomical variation? Mukhopadhyay S, Metcalfe A, Guha AR, Mohanty K, Hemmadi S, Lyons K, O’Doherty D. Injury. 2011 Oct;42(10):1073-6. doi: 10.1016/j.injury.2011.03.019. Epub 2011 May 6
24. Comminuted proximal Ulna fractures: injury pattern surgical techniques and outcome Mofidi, Ali; Tiessen, Lars; Maripuri, Nidu; Mohanty, Khitish.European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology, Volume 20, Number 7, October 2010, pp. 539-546(8)
25. Psychometric properties including reliability, validity and responsiveness of the Majeed pelvic score in patients with chronic sacroiliac joint pain. Stefan Bajada & Khitish Mohanty; European Spine Journal, Jnauary2016.
26. When is it safe to reduce fracture dislocation of shoulder under sedation? Proposed treatment algorithm. Wronka KS, Ved A, Mohanty K., Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2017 Apr; 27(3):335-340.
27. Distal third humeri fractures treated using the Synthes™ 3.5-mm extra-articular distal humeral locking compression plate: clinical, radiographic and patient outcome scores. Fawi H, Lewis J, Rao P, Parfitt D, Mohanty K, Ghandour A. Shoulder Elbow. 2015 Apr;7(2):104-9
28. Management of Mason type 1 radial head fractures: a regional survey and a review of literature. Mahmoud SS, Moideen AN, Kotwal R, Mohanty K. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2014 Oct; 24(7):1133-7.
29. Three-column classification and Schatzker classification: a three- and two-dimensional computed tomography characterisation and analysis of tibial plateau fractures. Patange Subba Rao SP, Lewis J, Haddad Z, Paringe V, Mohanty K. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2014 Oct; 24(7):1263-70.
30. Fixation of periprosthetic or osteoporotic distal femoral fractures with locking plates: a pilot randomised controlled trial. Kanakaris NK, Obakponovwe O, Krkovic M, Costa ML, Shaw D, Mohanty KR, West RM, Giannoudis PV. Int Orthop. 2019 May; 43(5):1193-1204. doi: 10.1007/s00264-018-4061-1. Epub 2018 Jul
31. Psychometric properties including reliability, validity and responsiveness of the Majeed pelvic score in patients with chronic sacroiliac joint pain. Bajada S, Mohanty K. Eur Spine J. 2016 Jun; 25(6):1939-44. doi: 10.1007/s00586-015-4369-0. Epub 2016 Jan 14.
32. Vascular occlusion following application of subcutaneous anterior pelvic fixation (INFIX) technique. Smith A, Malek IA, Lewis J, Mohanty K. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2017 Jan; 25(1):2309499016684994. doi: 10.1177/2309499016684994.
33. Three different interlocking intramedullary nails for unstable reverse oblique inter-trochanteric fractures: a bio-mechanical comparative study Ujjwal K. Debnath*, S. Naidu Maripuri, K. N. Subramanian, K. Mohanty DOI: 10.18203/issn.2455-4510.IntJResOrthop20164001
34. The fate of abstracts presented at the Welsh Orthopaedic Registrars Day orthopaedic meetings. Konrad S Wronka, Clare Carpenter, Declan O’Doherty, Khitish Mohanty. Journal of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Volume 6; ISS4; November 2018